donderdag 20 januari 2011

Birthday Panic!

Ok, so here is the problem. Without me knowing 4 birthdays have crept up on me and I have no idea how to buy all of them presents! Well, I do have some idea. The first birthday is my older brother's birthday. He turned 20 last tuesday and we will be celebrating coming saturday since he lives in his apartment in an other city. Most of you probably agree that 20 is a special age right? There's a huge difference between 19 and 20 - the first digit. That sounds quite adult don't you think? When I was stressing out on what to buy him I remembered that a couple of months ago (well, more than a couple of months since it was summer) I stumbeld upon a book called 'How to be a man' by John Birmingham and Dirk Flinthart. I thought it sounded really funny but at the time I didn't know anyone I could give the book to knowing that they'd appreciate the humor of it. I've looked it up on google and this is a short list of what can be found in the contents of this book:
* how to tie a bow tie,
* how to land a jumbo,
* how to cook to impress the ladies
* cars to avoid on the freeway,
* superstars of philosophy
* how to cheat at cards
* what should be in your toolbox
* what cleaning you have to do around the house and what you don't
* how to ask for a raise
* how to apologize to a woman when you haven't done anything wrong
* how to grovel and beg for mercy so you don't get in trouble
* how to cook a gormet meal using canned peas, Morningstar bacon strips, and a bottle of ketchup
* how to go on a inexpensive date and get a return on your investment
* how to make your cheap car look more impressive with a paint roller and a can of latex wall paint
* how to apply makeup to accent your manly features
* how to cry, so you can make a woman think you are emotional and caring
* how to choose the right socks for any occasion

Well, you get the idea right? My problem is however that I still need to buy this book and I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it. It's too late to buy it online. If I won't be able to find it I'll have a huge problem.

The second birthday was yesterday. In this case I'm not only having a hard time in thinking of a suitable present but I'm not even sure if there'll be a birthday party! It's one of my best friends from my previous school (I switched highschool halfway through) who turned 18. Like most of my friends he has an unusual personality and it's really hard to think of something he'd appreciate.

The third birthday is the birthday of another friend turning 18 coming tuesday. I've been invited over for dinner on the sunday which is when she's celebrating with her family so I'll have to have a present by then. I've once heard her say that she really likes solving sudoku's but thinks the plain ones are boring. I however remembered that there's a dutch magazine which comes out every month that has a number of complex sudoku's so I'll be giving her one of those but I don't think thats enough so I'll have to think of something extra.

The last birthday is my younger brothers birthday on the 3rd of februari. He'll turn 13 and I have no idea what to buy him. All he wants are video games and expensive stuff and no way I'm gonna give him that crap. Well... I like video games but I want to be a bit more creative you know? So that is a really hard one, what should I buy to drag him away from that console? I have a lot to think about. Wish me luck!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten