vrijdag 21 januari 2011

Reversed Roles

I can still remember the time when I was in the 6th grade and was invited to a class-party. As most girls of that age I thought it would be suitable to go all out with the make-up I could find to create a stunning look. When I look back at some pictures of that time I'm really thankful that my mom forced me to remove at least half the amount of make-up since it was way to much. That was the time that my mom gave me advise on what make-up I should use, what clothes I should wear and especially which I shouldn't. I must say that even now I tend to combine colors which don't go together since I feel they do. Now, however, the tables have turned. At this very moment my parents are at a themed party at my dads work. The theme is the 60s and 70s so they chose to go dressed like hippies. It was very easy for my dad who just put on an afro wig, huge sunglasses, a purple shirt and let my mom widen the bottom of his jeans. My mom on the other hand was a different story. She did have suitable clothes in her closet, no problem there. The problem was, off course, the make up. I had to tell her which was the best way to apply her mascara, which brushes to use for her eyeshadow, wipe of half of the eyeshadow after finding out she'd chosen a shocking blue and stop her from using her old dark red lipstick. Apparently this overkill type of make-up was fashion at the time but it doesn't come to my mind when I think of the 60s. After letting me choose her bag, earrings and headband they were ready to go. It broke my heart to see them walk away all grown up.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten