woensdag 20 juli 2011

Growing up! - University choice

It's really weird how much my life has been changing ever since I've started with the 'becoming an adult' process. Every kid knows that one day it will become a so-called 'adult' but never has a clear view of what it's like. Hell, even I'm not sure since I'm still in the middle of it. As a teenager I always allready considered myself as a grownup but ever since then loads has changed. From today on I'm gonna tell you guys a bit about what I've come across so far, what I'm experiencing 'right now' and what my expectations are of the future:

The first big thing that came on my path of soon to be adult-ness was my choice of subject to study at the university. I allready began at a young age with thinking and reasearching (15 years old) and I'm really glad I did cause what I thought about back then is the polar opposite of what I'm gonna do right now... Well, not the opposite but it's something that I wouldn't even consider doing right now, physics. It's not like I dislike the subject but it really doesn't suit me. I've allways had a hard time with it but I liked it a lot at the time 'cause I had a great teacher. He knows how to make his subject fun.
After that I considerd many other subjects: Chemistry, Psycology, Social media, Molecular Life Sciences, Pharmatics, Mechanical engineering and many, many other things. I also considerd going to University college. Right now I've subscribed myself to study Biomedical Science. I've been accepted and I'm going to start with going to the university this september which I'm gonna tell a bit more about later on. The reason I'm choosing this is actually deeper than I thought myself. At first it felt more like an instinct, I really had the feeling that that was the study I belonged to and I didn't pay much attention to the why's. After a while though I started to think about it and I realized that there a lot of subjects I'll come across that I really find interesting. I've allways been curious about how humans can function based on such seemingly simple things like cells and codes made up of 4 letters, I always wanted to know what causes people to get sick and I've always been interested in research. I also love little random facts and reading about new scientific descoveries.
One of the professions I can practice after completing this study is becoming a science journalist which is what I want to become at the moment, I don't know how I'll think about that when I'm older though so I might still change my mind but there are a lot of other things I can become. I think I should just start thinking about it like I did 3 years ago and hope I'll make the right decision when the time comes.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten